Monday, February 3, 2014

EIGHT LESSONS I LEARNED 'THE HARD WAY' IN 2013...


Click Here for Link

Yes, it's been a while.  That is completely true.  Forgive me!

Yes, I have given my word that I would write a blog soon!  It's time.

It's been a crazy two months with lots of ups and downs.  I won't bore you with details just yet, but let's just say that there has been little inspiration to write...anything.  Even my books have suffered a little bit.  Now, that's all going to change.

Without further ado, here's what I learned "THE HARD WAY" in 2013:
 
1)  How-To Recognize RED FLAGS for Potential Partners
    Quickie:   You all know what I'm talking about, right?  There were a lot of broken hearts...usually mine however.  It has been a challenging road, but I am almost certain that I can now catch the "red flags" associated with persons who carry a great deal of baggage.  Ultimately, I want someone who's baggage is as light as mine.  That's hard, especially... these days.
 
2)  How I Learned to Re-Create my Parents Relationship in HEALTHY WAYS
    Quickie:  With tons of therapy and self-work, I now recognize that I was attempting to re-create my parents' beautiful relationship in any way that I could -- even if it was destructive and unhealthy.  No more!  Thank God! 
 
3)  How I NEED to RETURN Home 4X Per Year
    Quickie: My nephew is the COOLEST three-and-a-half year old in the world.  It makes me so unbelievably happy to be around him, play soccer with him, laugh with him, etc... And now, with my new niece, I want to be a solid, stable, and dynamic part of their awesome lives.
 
4)  JUST BECAUSE someone may have more years of experience, doesn't mean their actions/behaviors are necessarily correct AND Two wrong-doings don't make a right-doing!
    Quickie:  This was one of the hardest lessons I learned this year.  I lost a very dear friend because we were both stubborn and emotionally stressed.  I did wrong.  This person did wrong.  Two wrongs definitely don't make a right.  Hopefully, forgiveness will be forthcoming in 2014.
 
5)  The ONLY way to LOVE is...HARD.
   Quickie:  I think this is pretty self-explanatory.  You must give love and TONS of it in order to receive love.  I'm talking about good love.  Good.  Strong.  Love.  It took me all year to re-appreciate this lesson.
 
6)  How I NEED Payment Terms & Agreements with ANY company!
    Quickie:  As a consultant, it can be challenging AND it can, at unique times, be Feast OR Famine.  I experienced both.  Toward the end of last year, I entered into a working situation with a company and we did not have clearly defined payment terms NOR did we ever agree on the Consulting Agreement.  I was burned and burned hard.  I have learned my lesson.  Thank you.
 
7)  Accept the GIFTS Given to You...No Matter How Bizarre!
    Quickie:  My life is changing as we speak.  It's overwhelming and never a dull moment.  Corporate America is hopefully waning in my life - or soon to be.  Let the writing, mediumship, and spa/healing center adventure begin!
 
8)  I am NOT going to get Rich with a 9-5 job.
   Quickie:  I think this is pretty self-explanatory too.  You must be creative.  Always inventing.  Always thinking.  Hopefully, some of my decisions made from desperation the end of last year will prove fruitful in the coming months!  Fingers crossed.
 
All in all, I learned so much about myself this past year.  I pray and hope that I remember these lessons along my 2014 journey.  I want to sincerely thank all of my friends for their continued support, openness, and love to my crazy and incredible path in this life.  Amazing things are happening more and more!! 
 
 
FINAL THOUGHTS:
1)  I must reiterate how grateful I am for all of the above lessons.  Some could have been easier to learn, but I have a special knack of learning the hard way.  I'm sure at least one person out there can relate?
2)  2014 will be the best year of my life.  I'm sure of it AND I will do everything in my power to make that happen.
3) And with The Walking Dead, RuPaul's Drag Race, and House of Cards back, I'm reeling!
4)  I think I may be falling in love with someone too.  It's all very exciting.  More to come soon!
 
 
Click Here for Link
 
A Smile From The Inside Production :)

No comments:

Post a Comment