Monday, September 30, 2013

WHY IS GRATITUDE SO DAMN HARD THESE DAYS...



If you don't know, last week was my birthday, the 25th of September -- thus the reason I didn't write/create a post.  

I turned 35.  Yikes.  I decided to turn it into my birthday week because birthdays should be more than just one day, perhaps a week, or why not the whole month, don't you agree?  To be honest, it was one of the best birthday weeks I have had in many years.  Considering I cried on my 30th birthday because I was not remotely close to my ideas of where I should be at 30, married, kids, and TONS of money in the bank; turning 35 was a piece of cake.  I still want to get married, have kids, and I am working on the TONS of money in the bank.  I believe I just have consciously dropped the need to plan it on MY terms.

It's so much easier to be ungrateful, like I was at 30, than to be in a place of gratitude like I was this past week.  I have realized that it's easy to complain and it feels so good, rather AMAZING, to commiserate with others about what you don't have, what you don't want, and what you feel like you need.  At the end of the day, though, that attitude and that behavior will prohibit learning, growth, and evolution.

This past week, I made a concerted effort to live in a place of gratitude and appreciation.  Everything seemed a little bit easier, a little bit more fun, and a little bit happier.  As most of you know, my vision is to Inspire the World, one-by-one, to Smile From The Inside.  It's about living an easier life, being more productive, and living a more balanced life.  One of the keys to do that, after you have accepted and dealt with your past and your past hurts, is this:  to be grateful and appreciate that which you have.  It sounds so simple, doesn't it?  It's not.

Can life still be annoying?  Yes.  Will we still be tested?  Of course.  Rest assured, just because we live with more gratitude and a bit more appreciation, we will still have moments of angst, upset, and hurt.  It's all part of this one-time experience we call life.  The key is how we accept, surrender, or defy current obstacles, hassles, and other daily nuisances as they occur.  

Choose another way!  Dare to be different!   

For my birthday, instead of sitting down with the nominees and winners, we sat above them to the left in the Private Boxes.  Much better views, we could walk around, and my personal favorite, there was pently of champagne to go around.  It was amazeballs!

I don't often share indulgent pictures, but here's a little sneak peak into my fantastic BIRTHDAY week.


BFF/ME - BLACK TIE



MY VIEW (END OF EMMY'S)


The #ELLEN Taping


INCREDIBLE HIKES...


DINNERS WITH GOOD FRIENDS...


I was truly blessed this past week.  Notwithstanding, I was also very emotional.  I missed my family, a little, but was happy I made time to spend with them at the beginning of the month.  I am in a much better place now than I was 5 years ago AND I am starting to understand the more you tell the universe what you REALLY want with CLARITY, it starts working on overtime.  Of course, you also have work your butt off at the same time...and take ACTION.

Birthdays are a reminder that we really don't have that much time on Earth.  Know better.  Be better.  Do better.  You never know when you might inspire others!


Click Here for Pic

A Smile From The Inside Production :)


No comments:

Post a Comment