Monday, September 16, 2013

WHEN YOU'RE DOWN... AND TROUBLED...


Click Here for Pic


SOMETIMES YOU JUST GOTTA FIND YOUR "HAPPY PLACE"!

I don't know about you, but lately, I've been a little down and troubled.  When you are feeling down and out like I have been lately, try the following:

1.  Take Some Deep Breaths.  

Don't ever underestimate the power of a deep breath in and an equally deep breath out.  No matter what's going on, after three exaggerated breaths, I always feel better, more grounded, and/or ready for whatever lies ahead.

Click here for Pic

2.  Find Your "Happy Place"!

Even when you are a little sad, sometimes, just sometimes, if you imagine your "Happy Place", the energy surrounding that "Happy Place" can be too much to maintain your frown.  You'll know it's your "Happy Place" because no matter what you are feeling, a tiny little bit of hope can be restored in your heart.  For years and years, my "Happy Place" was the Power Tower at Cedar Point (the world's tallest vertical descent and ascent ride).  I like the drop.  It's incredible.  Lately, however, all I have to do is think about my 3-year-old nephew eating Honey Nut Cheerios next to me in Boston and everything just seems better.  Find your happy place!

Click Here for Pic

3.  There's Magic in Your Smile.  

I recently read that smiles are actually magic.  Read the great article above.  It contends that when you smile, neuropeptides are released and transmitted throughout the whole body through neurons, therefore releasing happy and natural endorphins and serotonin into the body thereby lowering stress, lowering the heart rate, and immediately calms the body and elevates the soul.  I've also read that even if you FAKE your smile, the same response happens.  So, you see folks, smiling is great for you.  And, don't forget, that smiles are contagious too.  So, you never know, but you might just help someone else.


Click Here for Pic

I thought everyone could use some flavorful and much-needed advice right about now.  Much love to you all.


FINAL THOUGHTS:
1.  My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of today's Navy Yard shooting tragedy.
2.  Just a little plug about my book, "How I Learned to Smile From The Inside".  If you haven't bought it yet, do it now!

Click Here for Pic

A Smile From The Inside Production :)

No comments:

Post a Comment