Wednesday, February 27, 2013

HOW DO YOU SEE THE WORLD?


Click Here for Pic

According to the birds near my window this morning, Spring is in the air.  According to my family in Boston, Spring is a distant far off place... months down the line.  According to me, I'm just admittedly happier, not only that Spring is here, but that I am NOT in the cold and gray winter.  Shout out to the Northeast!

How do you see the world?  It's not something we often think about, is it?  From my research, there are many many different ways to see the world.  You can re-live the past every day.  You can live in the present moment as much as possible.  You can live for the future.  You can be an idealist.  Or perhaps a realist.  Are you the type of individual that has a more optimistic way of being or are you perhaps on the pessimistic side of the tipping scale?  Are you the type of person that stops and smells the roses sometimes?  Not enough?  Always?  or Never?  

My first question to you is ... do you know where you fall?  Are you aware of your perception of life?  Whether you are an optimist or a pessimist, it really doesn't matter.  I really just want you to KNOW how you see life.  And, by now, you should know there is never any judgment coming from me.  Ever.

I'm sure you've read the countless number of spiritual teachers that say, "Your Thoughts are Your Reality" or "It's All About Your Perception" or "You Create Your Reality and Life."  I'm here to tell you that I believe these principles to be 100% universal and 200% true.  Think about it for a second.  If you perceive everything to be sad, it's gonna be sad.  If you perceive everything to be hard and you keep thinking it's hard, it's gonna be hard and continue being hard.  BUT...if you perceive everything to be happening for a reason, you might just start to see the light at the end of your tunnel.  Or if you perceive everything to be going your way, it's gonna start going your way.  Trust me.  I'm living proof that this works.  I use it every day.  And when I forget, I am always grateful for little reminders.  I'm gonna leave you with this:  You are what you think!


HOW I SEE THE WORLD.
I feel that this life can be HEAVEN or it can be HELL.  We all know what it feels like to be HEAVEN, right?  And we all know what it feels like to be in HELL.  I tend to be on the optimistic side of the scale in almost every situation.  I practice living in the present as much as possible, and I'm sure everyone in my life would say, I'm an idealist.  Some people think I even float above the ground and could stand to be a little bit more grounded.  I openly admit that I don't disagree.


A REFRAMER.
In my book, I call myself a reframer.  I really like this term.  Read an excerpt from my Intro: 


"When you reframe something, you change how people view a particular conflict to allow for different tactics and approaches to that conflict, or you help guide other people to look at, present, or think of their beliefs, ideas, or relationships in a new and/or different way.

There is a particularly interesting concept referred to as “Cognitive Reframing,” which is “a technique by which a person learns to stop his or her negative thought process and replace the negative thoughts with more positive self-talk,” (Phobias.About.com) or “a psychotherapy technique that teaches people to think differently about the challenges they face” 
(Center for Advanced Health).

For my purposes here, a Reframer encompasses the following: an intuitive individual who inspires and encourages others to shift their limited views, actions, and/or behaviors, by dealing with the past, healing in the present, and reeling/wheeling into the future, all in an effort to achieve the ultimate in self-expression, Smiling From The Inside."

-- How I Learned To Smile From The Inside (Amazon, 2013)

That's what I try and do everywhere I go.  That's how I see the world.  That's how I encourage people to see the world...by inspiring and encouraging other people to see better, do better, and be better.

So...think about How Do You See The World?   Does it follow with who you want to be!  or Not!


EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A PURPOSE:
Remember when I said last week, Life is TOO Short.  Well, a good friend of mine, Shane, lost his grandmother this past Oscar Sunday.  I was there, experienced the whole thing first hand, the police, the funeral peeps, and "the room" where it happened.  It was a little bit traumatic, I'm not gonna lie, but I did what had to be done and I just sincerely hope that I helped his family that night.  I don't know about you, but this week, I have been very grateful, day after day, for my life.  It sometimes takes a tragic event to steer you back on track.



FINAL THOUGHTS:
1)  For you non-LA'ers out there... Oscar Sunday is as big, if not bigger than the SuperBowl.  I have never seen anything like it.   Everywhere you turn, there is a party!  Craziness!
2)  I'm still accepting coaching clients.  I have received two more since the book was published.
3)  I've sold a little 43 books, please help me to get to 100 books by this Friday, March 1, 2013.  Please!  If you already bought a book, thank you and perhaps you want to buy another one for a friend of yours?  I would greatly appreciate the help!
4)  For those who don't know, I have been selected to be a featured blogger by the International Coaching Federation.  That is coaching's highest global governing board.  So excited! 
4)  Invitations for my Book Signing and Release will be sent today for Tuesday, March 19, 2013.  Everyone on this blog distribution is invited.  But, for anyone on this blog distribution who does NOT receive an e-invitation, it is simply because of physical distance.  Nothing else.  Talk about perception.  If you want to come, by all means, come!  The official invite:



You can join the fun at:Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/smileinside24/Twitter:  https://twitter.com/SmileFTIFacebook:  https://www.facebook.com/smilefromtheinside24Linked-In:  http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Smile-From-Inside-4799552Seth's FaceBook:  https://www.facebook.com/sethesantoroSeth's Twitter: https://twitter.com/sethesantoroWebsite:  www.sethsantoro.com or www.smilefromtheinside.com

You can purchase "How I Learned To Smile From The Inside" at the following sites:Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/How-Learned-Smile-From-Inside/dp/1478319232/CreateSpace:  https://www.createspace.com/3936855BN.com:   http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/how-i-learned-to-smile-from-the-inside-seth-e-santoro-cec/1114490076?ean=9781478319238


A Smile From The Inside Production :)

No comments:

Post a Comment