Tuesday, January 1, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! -- MY 2013 RESOLUTIONS





OUT WITH THE OLD 2012... AND IN WITH THE NEW 2013!

As much as I understand myself for the most part, sometimes I just don't.  I still cannot comprehend that every year, I feel an incredible need inside to create new resolutions.  I have done this for the past fifteen years or so.   Some years, I have gone for the specific-type goals while others I have created the more generic-type objectives.  Though my intentions are the same each year, some resolutions I blow out of the park, while others not so much.  Alas, another year has come and gone.  For the first time ever, I am sharing my resolutions with more than a few of my close friends.  This year, as you'll see, I'm doing it a little bit differently, too!

Here were my 2012 Resolutions:

1-Start to grow Rich & Save
2-Emotional and Physical Health - Relax Much Much More
3-Live my Creative Truth and start earning Great money
4-Enjoy every minute more (especially when I eat)

A little vague, no?  This was one of those generic but all encompassing resolution years.  I was about 50% spot on.  That means, I was about 50% off as well.  I am always working on the other stuff and I feel as if I'm sooo close.  We are all a work-in-progress.

Here are my 2013 Resolutions:


1.  The Bigger Person.
I solemnly swear to always be the bigger, better, and brighter person.

2.  Follow my intuition.
Sounds innocent enough, right?  Wrong.  There are major intuitive shifts going on within me.  So much so, that I am discovering my "psychic" side.  It is the beginning of a new journey for me, and thus far, it has been incredible and completely unexpected.  Way more details to come!

3.  Gratitude and Appreciation for each Dollar Earned.
This will be the first year that my creative time will be handsomely rewarded.  I don't have to say silly things in a commercial or pose 100 different ways for a modeling shoot.  Nope, this year, it will be instead be due to countless hours of writing, editing, writing, and editing.  I solemnly swear to give thanks and be appreciative for every dollar earned, whether it be from a high-powered Director-level position or from my books and/or other creative endeavors.  I cannot wait.

4.  Travel.  Travel.  Travel.
I solemnly swear to do my best to visit at LEAST 3 different countries on two unique continents.

5.  A Breathe of Fresh Air
I solemnly swear to be a breathe of fresh air consistently and constantly for the upcoming year.

6.  Use my languages, damn it!
I solemnly swear to utilize my language skills as much as possible.  I want to speak Spanish, Portuguese, French, and Italian more!

7.  Authenticity to the Bone.
I solemnly swear to be my most authentic self every day and always do the best I can, despite whatever's going on.

8.  Publish.  Market.  Create.  (and Repeat)
The most amazing thing is that I wrote a book.  I still cannot believe it.  My first in a self-help, Smile From The Inside, trilogy.  It gives me absolute great pride and feelings of success and hope.  Not just for me, but for others as well.

9.  Keep the Dream Alive.
I have started to create my new 2013 and beyond vision board.  I will be dreaming and creating my new life for five to ten minutes every day, while breathing deeply and giving thanks.

10.  My Body is My Temple.
As always, I solemnly swear to eat healthier, take care of my body better, and chillax when I need to do so.

2012 was quite the year of transition and un-knowing in my life.  I don't know about you, but I am beyond glad 2013 has arrived in full force.  I have no doubt that my best is yet to come and that 2013 will be my best year yet.  Perhaps I tell myself that every year to make myself feel better, or perhaps this time, it is the truth.  To be honest, I don't really care either way.  I feel it through my blood that 2013 will be the first year of the rest of my new, un-anticipated, and yet-to-be charted life.  Can I get an Amen up in here!  (RuPaul's Drag Race reference...i had to throw at least one in my first post of the new year.

FINAL THOUGHTS:
1)  Happy New Year to everyone!
2)  Thank you for all of your support, love, and encouragement over the past ten months.
3)  Take care of yourself.  Take care of others.  Be grateful for the present, as that's all we have.
4)  If you have resolutions, I would LOVE to hear them.  Email them to me!




A Smile From The Inside Production :)

No comments:

Post a Comment