Wednesday, January 9, 2013

CHANGING THINGS UP!!!


Click Here for Pic

I thought I would change things up a bit this week.  I'm feeling a little bit all over the place, so I am going to write three paragraphs about three completely unique topics and let the cards fall where they may.  Enjoy!

The Blue Dragon in all of us.
Pictured above is The Blue Angel or The Blue Dragon.  This amazing, up to 3cm, sea creature is a fierce, silent but deadly, killer.  It prays on the Portuguese Man of War.  I kid you not.  This little creature, immune to the venom, can slowly devour an entire Portuguese Man of War...clearly over time.  Intriguingly, it ingests the venom and then uses it as a defense mechanism against any and all other animals.  Apparently, the Blue Dragon is many times more deadly than one Portuguese Man of War itself.  Craziness.  Think about it.  This tiny little creature (us as individuals) feeds on one of the most deadly creatures in the world (the outside world) and slowly overtime conquers it.  Each one of us can change the world.  Being small can just be the motivator and inspiration.


Can I just say something?
Guns.  A topic I never thought I would feel the need to discuss in my blog.  I'm really torn here.  Don't get me wrong, I actually do believe in our right to bear arms for intruders and the like.  But, I wouldn't be opposed to a ban on either all "arms" or all "semi-automatic arms".  It's a tough debate.  I believe it is very sad we live in a country where we have almost as many guns as the current US population.  And then, how do you collect 300 Million weapons?  Why do we have so many?

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.  If I hear that one more time, I might scream.  The problem is, I just don't think it's very accurate.  People kill people, yes.  People, however, always need weapons, in order to kill people.  Whether it be their hands, a knife, a rope, poison, or a gun.  Guns, however, have the potential to harm mass amounts of people at once.  Which is worse?  Is there really a debate on the answer?  Jeez!  Does that phrase infuriate anyone else???


Just a gross and hilarious moment yesterday.
Awkward moment in the bathroom.  I work at a prestigious office here in Century City at a prestigious address.  I never expected the following to happen.  I always choose the stalls, even if I just have to pee.  (We can deduce meaning from that another day).  I chose the bigger stall, and I get to the toilet and there is someone else's #2 which had clearly not gone done.  After my initial fascination with the fact that someone actually pooped that high up in the toilet, I burst out with one of those single laughs, you know.  Then, I took a deep breathe in and started tearing due to the wonderful and delicious smell (not the sarcasm).  I had NO idea what to do.  I sure as hell was not going to put my hand in there.  So, just like anyone would do, I tried to flush it down, twice.  It still didn't move.  

Did I mention it was big?  So, just like anyone would do, I tried to ignore it as I sat down (after thoroughly cleaning the seat) and took care of my business. I tried to loosen it up with natural juices, if you catch my drift.  Nothing worked.  I finished and I flushed again, but to no avail.  Finally, I was so disturbed by the whole situation -- and I could definitely not let the next person have the same tortuous and embarrassing experience -- I used the paper seat cover and lots of toilet paper to move the #2 one centimeter.  I was humbled.  I succeeded.  I flushed one more time and it finally went down.  Thank God.  Then, I washed my hands for about three minutes straight with soap and warm water.  It was over.  I left the bathroom, walked down the hall in the professional business outside world, and smiled thinking no one in this office would ever know the ten-minute hell I just experienced.  I sat down at my desk, accomplished, sanitized my hands twice more, and then went on with the rest of my day.  The End.


FINAL THOUGHTS:
1)  I am still filing and scanning.  Sometimes it's great and sometimes it's not so great.  When I am feeling a little down about it, I look at my 2013 Resolutions (taped on the wall near my desk), take three deep breathes, and tell myself this is only temporary and a means to an end.  Then, I smile.  
2)  Negative energy attracts negative things.  Good energy attracts good things.  But, great energy, great energy attracts awesome things.  Which one will you choose?  Remember that.  It's hard, trust me, I know.
3)  I will be receiving the first physical copy of my book in the next 3-5 days.  I'm so excited.  Once, I turn in the final formatting changes, I will officially start my social media countdown.

Click Here for Pic

A Smile From The Inside Production :)

No comments:

Post a Comment