Wednesday, November 28, 2012

THANKSGIVING IS THE BEST HOLIDAY EVER!!!

Click Here for Pic

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  I hope your Thanksgiving was as incredible as mine was.  This year, I celebrated in Nashville, literally right up the road from Carrie Underwood.  Awesome!!!

For those of you who don't know me all that well, Thanksgiving has forever been my favorite holiday.  It helps that I am able to see past the fact that originally we most likely sacrificed and slaughtered lots of Native Americans and their game in order to have a fabulous and fierce dinner.  No, it is my absolute favorite because it has no religious affiliation, I usually get to travel somewhere fun, and it is all about the family we keep in life.  That could be the family we choose or the ones we don't!  Let's not forget that we also get to eat like gluttons for three to five days following the big meal.  Stuffing should be its own food group!

Thanks (Gratitude) and Giving.  Two concepts of my favorite concepts of late.

Gratitude.  The act of being grateful is a powerful one.  For me, when I am feeling a little blue (and I remember, which is the tough part), I start to think of all of the wonderful and happy things for which I feel grateful.  Sometimes it may feel as if there are none, but start small and work your way up!  I promise within the period of about thirty seconds, something changes on the inside.  Call it an energy shift or call it emotional movement.  Call it what you will, it's the openness and expansiveness that attracts the good feelings into our thoughts and therefore our bodies and souls.  It feels good.  It just plain feels better.  If you don't believe me, try it for yourself.

Giving.  I like to think of myself as a giving individual.  I give to people all of the time.  The best part is I expect nothing in return.  I give without expectations.  I give to be more ME.  I give to spread joy into the world.  Giving is not about what you receive, it's about the act of giving.  Granted, every relationship has its ups and downs and so on.  With regard to giving in relations, we need to always be aware of the life-giving qualities present and current.  When it stops being life-giving and life-affirming, then perhaps its time to move on.  It's always hard, and it sucks for a while, but really, on this malevolently fantastic life, it's all about you, your life, and your happiness.  Be good to yourself.  Be good to others!  Give!  Give!  Give!

Something fun to read.  Enjoy!


Step 1: Go buy a turkey
Step 2: Take a drink of whiskey, scotch, or JD
Step 3: Put turkey in the oven
Step 4: Take another 2 drinks of whiskey
Step 5: Set the degree at 375 ovens
Step 6: Take 3 more whiskeys of drink
Step 7: Turn oven the on
Step 8: Take 4 whisks of drinky
Step 9: Turk the bastey
Step 10: Whiskey another bottle of get
Step 11: Stick a turkey in the thermometer
Step 12: Glass yourself a pour of whiskey
Step 13: Bake the whiskey for 4 hours
Step 14: Take the oven out of the turkey
Step 15: Take the oven out of the turkey
Step 16: Floor the turkey up off the pick
Step 17: Turk the carvey
Step 18: Get yourself another scottle of botch
Step 19: Tet the sable and pour yourself a glass of turkey
Step 20: Bless the saying, pass and eat out


Final Thoughts:

1)  I'm also grateful that I didn't have to kill the turkey myself.  I have had enough slaughtering for a while.
2)  Black Friday?  Cyber Monday?  What's next?
3)  In the next two weeks, I will start a cyber-wide countdown (sorry, I couldn't resist) for my upcoming book, "How I Learned To Smile From The Inside."  It should be available around January 15, 2013.  I am so psyched!
4) One more thing, if we treated ourselves the same way we treat our dogs and cats, can you imagine the love we would feel for ourselves.  Love yourself.  You always win!
5)  If you like what you've read, please share it with everyone!  If not, don't say word!


Click Here for Pic


A Smile From The Inside Production :)

No comments:

Post a Comment