Thursday, October 25, 2012

ME, MY VISION, AND I...WHAT'S YOUR VISION FOR YOUR LIFE?


Click Here for Pic
As you know, my vision is to Inspire the World, One By One, to Smile From The Inside.  Do you know what your vision is?

When I was five years old, I remember exactly where I was when I decided somehow I wanted to change the world.  I was in my bedroom, listening to some silly cassette tape from the 80s...probably either Madonna's first album or Mariah Carey's first album.  I kid you not.  Anyway...I remember intensely pondering what I wanted to be when I grew up.  I know I wanted to be either an attorney, a doctor, a figure skater, a gymnast, a fireman (come on, i was five), or an actor/singer.  I thought that if I could just become rich enough or famous enough, I could then spend my time, money, and resources to save the world.  Funny thing is...that feeling has never ever left me.  I still want to inspire and change the world.  I still maintain that I can affect change on a mass level.

Fast forward to 2006.  It was a tough tough year.  I had moved three thousand miles away from my family, my home, and my life in New York City.  I had just broken up with my boyfriend.  Technically, he broke up with me the end of November 2005.  So, I moved heartbroken clear across the country.  Also, I had left an incredible dog named, Parker, and a puppy named, Gracie.  Everything reminded me of either my dogs, my boyfriend, or my former NYC life.  I stopped practicing yoga, stopped coaching clients, and stopped walking everywhere.  Over the course of one year, I had gained ten pounds, gotten back together with my ex a couple of times only to break up again, and lastly, was diagnosed with the most aggressive skin cancer and had to have surgery straight away.  As I said, it was a rough year.

There's a great deal to cancer.  I'm sure we'll discuss this a great deal moving forward.  There's a great deal to being heartbroken.  And we can spend a lifetime speaking about heartache.  But today, I'm focusing on my vision.  After that incredible year of sadness, illness, and fear, an opportunity to practice more self-discovery and personal development work entered my life at the perfect time.  I truly felt as if the light inside me had grown dimmer than the preceding years.  I was in a rut.  I needed something.  I didn't exactly know what, but I needed to get my life back on track, back on my path to "saving" the world.  And it was just what I needed.  By the time the "work" was over, I felt empowered and unstoppable.

It was during one of the exercises that it became evident to me that I had never been clear about my vision for my life.  I had always had the same feelings when I pondered how to "save/change" the world, but I had never put those feelings into a clear mission statement, if you will.  It took me about three or four weeks after that moment to finalize my vision.  It felt nearly impossible at times.  It took many many hours.  Now that I have it, and it has informed each and every decision in my life since.  I just thought it could be cool to help you figure out your vision for your life.  You ready?

So, what is your vision?  Where do you even start?  Your vision is essentially your mission statement.  It is something that will lead you on your path to greatness and fulfillment. 
Step 1) You must start with an action verb.  Examples: To Change; To Shift; To Inspire; To Encourage; To Live; To Be; To Make; To See, etc...  you get my drift?
Step 2) You must briefly define what you want to do!  What do you want to do above all else in your life?  What drives your life?  What inspires you?  What desire gives you the feeling of being 100% fulfilled?  For example, To Inspire the World to Smile From The Inside; To Be the Best Dad; To Be the Best Human Possible; To Make Peace the only option.
Step 3) You must briefly explain HOW you intend to do so!  For example, One-By-One, By loving and cherishing my children and all god's children; By transforming and challenging people's preconceived notions; By promoting love and giving love in my every day life, to everyone individual I meet. 

Don't be discouraged if it takes a few hours, a few days, or a few weeks to figure it out.  I would be more than willing to support or assist you in your process.  There's no wrong or right through this process.  There is only what feels and energizes you.  There may be several options.


FINAL THOUGHTS:
1) It appears that I have found a temp position at a great company...and I start on Monday.  Yay!
2) In the meantime, I will still be searching for the amazing Director position that I feel is very close.
3) Indiana GOP U.S. Senator Candidate Richard Murdoch should be ashamed of himself and politely bow out of the race.  His comments are absolutely horrible...AND his apology was pathetic and undermines the entire public.  It's very upsetting.
4) When was the last time you looked for signs that you are exactly where you are supposed to be in your life?  It's been a while for me too.  Just notice!!!


“A leader has the vision and conviction that a dream can be achieved. He inspires the power and energy to get it done.”
— Ralph Lauren




A Smile From The Inside Production :)

1 comment:

  1. Amazing :) One of my most favourite post of yours.

    ReplyDelete