Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A SNEAK PEAK into "How I Learned to Smile From The Inside"!!!




"HOW I LEARNED TO SMILE FROM THE INSIDE"

I’m sure many of you, if not all of you, are curious about what my upcoming book is, right?   Therefore, it is high time I introduce you to my S.M.I.L.E. method for Healing.  It will be discussed at length in my upcoming book, “How I Learned to Smile From The Inside”, but right now, I’ll just give you the cliff’s notes version.  It’s going to be an awesome ride filled with laughter, witty comments, a little bit of wisdom, and a whole lot of heart.

I’m sure most of you are familiar with the Kübler-Ross Model, the Five Stages of Loss: Denial; Anger; Bargaining; Depression; and Acceptance.  In 1969, Dr. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross, after intense years of research in the areas of death, dying and grieving, wrote a book,“On Death and Dying” wherein she explained the aforementioned Five Stages of Loss.  She is considered to be the pioneer for the genre of death, dying, and palliative care, as we know it today.

In my tribute to September 11, 2001, I wanted to talk a little about my SMILE method for healing.  This is sort-of an update, if you will, or a makeover of the Kübler-Ross model.  Within the book, as I discuss each of the below concepts, I take you on my emotional process of healing with 5 different very personal stories, spread throughout the entire manuscript.  One of those stories is my personal experience during the September 11th attacks in New York City. 

S.M.I.L.E. Method:
S = Shock – A physical and mental block to an unexpected, upsetting, or heart-wrenching event
M = Mock-cceptance – Part Denial.  Part Acceptance.
I = In Overwheldom – Overwhelming emotional anarchy
L = Learning – The moment when responsibility and understanding meet
E = Embrace – It’s more than accepting the situation, it’s embracing the situation

I promise in reading my book, you will understand these concepts backward and forward.  Over the next two months, to help support and increase awareness for the release of “How I Learned to Smile From The Inside,” I will be keeping you updated week after week.  If you have any ideas for great Publicity, kindly let me know.  I'm looking into many many ways to get the word out there. As a matter of fact, today, i am meeting with a PR expert who can hopefully help me plan for the next couple years of my life!  Here's hoping!


FINAL THOUGHTS:

1)  I ended a great consulting position this week...and searching for my next either consulting or long-term position.  Clearly until i make it famous or sell 10,000 books on my own.  At 10,000 books, i could take two years off.  LOL.
2)  Life definitely has its ups and downs...and this week has been no exception.  I tend to distance myself when i'm down...i have a feeling many people do the same.  Reach out to me!  I would love to hear from you...and it challenges me to do better and be better.
3)  Quick Fab Gay Backyard update:  Vinnie and Trixie van Goat are doing well.  A little pudgier than we would like...they keep eating the chicken organic layer pellets.  Adam and I have been racking our brains for weeks.  Solution:  Just throw the chicken pellets on the ground.  Our goats are spoiled and will only eat from their special bucket or ANYTHING above their head level.  It's incredible.  Problem solved.
4)  Here's my favorite design for the chapter headings for my book.  Do you like the logo?





A Smile From The Inside Production :)

No comments:

Post a Comment