Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Where in the world is Mrs. Legitimate Rape???




Why do people say stupid things?  I thought women had the right to vote already!  And where the hell is Lulli Akin?

Here we are again.  Another stupid comment by another influential politico.  Ugh.  When will they learn?  Legitimate rape, really?  Are you fucking kidding me?   It angers me to no end.  I’m warning you now, I’m pissed.  There is absolutely no reason that that language “slipped out”.  In today’s age of ipads and speech writers, how could he possibly have made that mistake?   I contend he didn’t.  He meant to say it. 

No editor in their right-winged mind (pun intended) would allow that to pass through to the public.  He consciously chose those words.  He probably even thought it was brilliant.  And that’s even worse.  I am truly sickened.   Did you notice he’s not apologizing for what he said, he’s only apologizing that he misspoke?  I’m telling you…he still feels that way.  That’s the part I have the hardest time swallowing.  He really 100% feels that there is such a thing as a legitimate rape.  OK, I’ll stop using that word, because it’s absurd.

For God’s sake, even the Chairman of the Republican National Committee thinks his remarks were “stupid” and he should just “go away”.  At least the Chairman and I can agree on more than one thing…now there are two things.  LOL.

Here’s a bit of interesting background on Rep. Todd Akin, US Representative for Missouri’s 2nd Congressional Seat.  I think it always does a body good to get acquainted with the lives and tribulations of the enemy.  Born on July 5, 1947, just six days after my own father, this New York City born and raised young man clearly chose not to embrace the international and worldly spirit of New York, instead having a reverend for a father, he apparently learned that sexism is okay and women are inferior.  Gross.

After highschool, he went to WPI (Worcester Polytechnic Institute) where he earned a degree in management engineering, then went on to get a Master of Divinity (I had no idea there was such a thing) Covenant Theological Seminary in St. Louis.  Soooo, he’s definitely not a stupid man.  He just makes stupid decisions and says stupid things.  He served in the Missouri National Guard, then as a U.S. Representative for 12 years, and has unfortunately stayed in politics since. 

Thank God this man, according to Wikipedia, does NOT have children.  If he does, I feel very sorry for them right now.

What I want to know is how did he get elected in the first place?  I mean, do you think women actually voted for him?  He’s apparently always been very vocal about his clearly chauvinistic and misogynistic views toward women.  I bet he truly believes that women are inferior.  I can’t even begin to think about how he feels about African-American, Gays, or even Latinos.  I would secretly love to chat with him about that too!

What frightens me and makes me happy (at the same time) is that people are now finally seeing the true colors of the far right-winged republicans, the scariest of the scary.  As you can see, I have little patience for all things discrimination and renders anyone as inferior to anyone else.  He’s probably done some good things throughout his life, but none of that matters now.  I truly hope more right-winged Republicans say more stupid things.  That way, by the intense reactions of other Republicans, we can distinguish between the scary Republicans and the more moderate ones.

According to Facebook, Twitter (all of his 6,523 followers), and CNN, Rep. Todd Akin has decided to continue his bid for the Republican Senate Seat for the great state of Missouri.  He also goes so far as to say the public and the media are over-reacting.  OMG.  Really?   You are the one who might want to consider respectfully resigning and laying low in Bali for a few years.

God help us all if he wins!  I’m pretty sure he, in the past 2 days, has lost 80% of the women votes he once maintained.  He’s already lost millions of dollars in sponsors in the past two days.  I truly hope the Missouri Senate Committee either rule to veto him from the continuation of his campaign or he loses by the largest margin EVER.  That way, he’ll go down in the Guinness Book of World Records for the worst loss in Missouri history.  Hehe!

And finally, where is Lulli Akin?  Do you think she is embarrassed?  Should she actually say something to the public?  Should she defend her husband?  Does she even want to?  I hope someone does a story quickly about her.  Well...have you seen a picture of her?  She looks like a lesbian.  uh oh. That's even more peculiar, don't you think?  I don't even know what that means!

You all know me by now, and I could write a beautifully crafted letter to him too, but I'm just not there today.  Here's my bitchy side.  Personally, and, in closing, I think he’s an idiot.  I have many other things to say, but let’s just leave it there.  It will be very interesting to see how this thing plays out!  

The End.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

1) Forgive me that there was no Blog last week.  Even I get a vacation!  I wish i had a tan to show it!
2) My book is now slated for an October 15, 2012 release!  So exciting!!!
3) I'm looking for an amazingly incredible photographer to take some Book Cover shots for me in LA.  Know of anyone?
4) Breathe in this quote below.  It is FANTASTIC!


Click Here for Pic
A Smile From The Inside Production  :)

2 comments:

  1. Akin has two daughters. He home schooled them. He did not err in what he said about "legitimate rape," as you point out. But what most people don't know is that he and Congressman Paul Ryan (now Romney's VP pick) co-sponsored legislation that would have denied access to federally funded abortions to women who were pregnant because they were raped, unless they could prove it was "legitimate rape" i.e. "forcible rape." So far from being a slip of the tongue, this is actually something Akin, Ryan and their cohorts in Congress have tried to make the law of the land. The center of the Republican party is now so extreme that it has become unrecognizable to any sane person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it just makes me so sad that he has two daughters and still feels that way. I love that Ryan is now saying, rape is rape. Thank you for pointing out the facts above...

      Delete