Tuesday, March 20, 2012

WHO ARE THE REAL HEROES IN MY GAY GAY WORLD...?

Me...without air brushing...

WHO ARE MY HEROES?

A Hero, by definition, is a person of distinguished courage or ability admired for their brave deeds.  A Hero by my definition, is a person, lead by something inside, who goes above and beyond others to speak when no one else might speak; to act when others might not act; and to fight when only absolutely necessary; all in an effort to help change/shift the world, one person at a time.

Well...Let's start with the obvious, more mainstream ones:

1) Ellen DeGeneres' stands as a force of absolute goodness for all human beings, not just because she is Gay, but because she is an amazing human being.  Take JC Penney, for example, Ellen was a lady, standing up when she needed to (and if y'all haven't seen the JCPenney commercials, they are hilarious...here are the OUTTAKES!!!).  It was just a matter of time for the Director to be fired and now this... One Million Mom's Group concedes.  That's what i'm talking about!!!

(Funny aside...i thought her website was Ellen.com.  Turns out it belongs to a spiritual woman named Ellen Egge, and i wonder if she's been on the Ellen show yet...LOL)

2) The First Lady...Even she, over the past few days, has been somewhat vocal about the right to LOVE WHOMEVER WE CHOOSE...i have a feeling she will be way-more outwardly supportive of Gay Marriage long before President Obama is.  Sigh.  Nonetheless, i LOVE having her on my side.  Wives have an extremely powerful and persuasive way of shifting the minds of their slower counterparts.  Don't you agree?  You go, First Lady Michelle!!! 

3) RuPaul Andre Charles...(a/k/a RuPaul).  Correct me if i'm wrong, but RuPaul is helping transform the world of acceptance through the glamorous and fab world of drag.  He is an amazing example of good people doing extraordinary things while bestowing a bit of self-love, self-acceptance, and spirituality, one drag-at-a-time.  Condragulations, RuPaul! 

(and don't forget to watch RuPaul's Drag Race.  You would think i do promotion for the show, but I just love it that much!!!)

4) Tyler Perry.  His shocking reveal on Oprah as having been molested by multiple persons growing up.  This kind of comedy took an unprecedented leap of courage when he unmasked the truth about his past, and has pledged to help shift the world, one man at a time.  I have to be honest, i was not a big fan prior to that day on Oprah...but now i am.  :)

--------------------------------------------------------


Here are what i like to call SILENT HEROES:

1) RONNY in TEL AVIV - In a world where one Israeli man can change the world with his new website: IsraelovesIran.com, Ronny intends to replace the world's genuinely-agreed perspective that Israel "hates" Iran, and shifting that into his beautiful campaign where Israel "hearts" Iran.  I don't think I need to say too much about how much courage this must have taken.  Go, Ronny!!!

2) It's the 6-month mark for the DADT repeal...woohoo!!!  Coming out in the US Navy, Marines, Airforce, Reserves must be extremely frightening and beyond scary...these particular persons who COME OUT in the MILITARY are also my heroes.

3) These Random Strangers who speak up to other random strangers are my heroes.  This is ABC's What Would You Do...  (P.S.  make sure you are alone when you watch this, as i cried non-stop for 5 minutes).  I don't even know if I would say something, given the conversation to be within an ear's shot of myself.  However, after seeing this, you can bet your bippy that I will say something.  For sure!  Would you say something?

4) And "NevermoreFTW" who created this...How to Explain Gay Marriage to an Idiot.  This diagram helps the world go round with a comedic but poignant take on the issue of Gay Marriage.

                                                 --------------------------------------------------------

MY THOUGHTS:
As many of you know, my vision/mission in this life is...TO INSPIRE THE WORLD ONE-BY-ONE TO SMILE FROM THE INSIDE OUT.  I live this in everything i do.  Those of you who have known me for 2 minutes, 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years, or 20 years can attest to the fact that this is how i live my life.  I have always set a great example as an American, a man, a gay man, a Jew, etc... no matter where i am in the world.  (And believe me, I have definitely had my moments...in Mexico and India only. lol.).   It is NEVER easy to do the best thing OR the WIN-WIN for all.  In fact, most often, it is the hardest because sometimes others haven't the capacity to understand anything other than themselves and their own POV (Point of View).  It is difficult to go against the mold, take the Road Less Traveled, and grind against the chalkboard.  (Sorry if that visual hurts anyone).   I pride myself on my ethical and moral compass (fuck ethical or moral...it's just my very own non-judgmental inside-conscience).  I always lead with my heart and then my intelligence.  I believe walking and being the example is the only way to be...for me and for everyone else too.  Don't you agree???  I hope someday to be a hero to 100s of millions of people. 

Who are your heroes?  Similar to mine?  Let us all know!!!

Remember:  If you like it, share with everyone...if you hate it, tell no one.


Oh and one more thing...
And for GOD'S SAKE, KIRK...SHUT UP ALREADY!  NO ONE CARES!!! (HE'S BACK AND STUPIDER THAN EVER).  I must say you and people like you are the ultimate destructive force that believe they do God's bidding and judge on His behalf.  I ask you nicely to return to the 80's has been stars closet of we don't really care anymore what you think.  (This will be the last time i post about him...well...i hope it is)

Thanks everyone for your amazing support, feedback, and encouragement over the last month.  It means a great deal to me.  Hopefully, i am learning week-to-week more about maintaining a blog.  Keep the feedback coming!!!

Sincerely yours,
Seth.

2 comments:

  1. The great thing about this post is that it reminds us that there are folks out there who, because of their courage, ingenuity, or sheer determination help make this world a better place for all, and inspire us to do more. Each of us in our own little way is a hero. Including you, Seth. Taking the time to write this and share your thoughts with the world helps keep a dialogue going that can only be a plus for us all. Re Kirk Cameron, maybe Pierce Morgan should be a hero for this: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/20/piers-morgan-kirk-cameron-homosexuality_n_1367173.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words, Lavi!!!

    ReplyDelete